We’re back with our Appodeal’s eCPM report!
Last month we launched our Annual 2020 Mobile In-App Ad Monetization Performance Index, 50-Pages long, where we analyzed how the COVID-19 impacted the In-App Ad Industry during the first half of the year. If you haven’t checked it already, you can do download it for free here.
This time we’re analyzing Q3 of 2020 with all the data gathered from our partners and networks.
Learn about markets, platforms & ad types, and how they have increased their eCPMs. Find new opportunities to promote your game and optimize the ad waterfall strategy of your apps & games according to the latest trends.
Read now the key insights we have debriefed for your, or navigate through the data on your own to discover:
- Rewarded Video Ads in Mobile Apps & Games
- Full-Screen Ads in Mobile Apps & Games
- Banner Ads in Mobile Apps & Games
Rewarded Video Ads in Mobile Apps & Games
Key Insights of Rewarded Video Ads:
- On IOS, the eCPMs of Rewarded Videos in most mature markets have decreased a bit during the summer holidays. However, in September, we watch a recovery with the start of the new working year in most of them, except Japan.
- However, on Android eCPMs in the USA have gone in the opposite direction during summer, and in September they kept growing. Most of the mature markets have seen their eCPMs grow too during the last month of Q3.
- In emerging markets, eCPMs have been more stable. The eCPM’s of Rewarded Videos in Russia & Brazil didn’t fluctuate that much on both iOS & Android.
- Oceania & South Asia are growing and getting settled on the Top Charts. Australia’s eCPMs are steadily increasing, and other countries such as New Zealand, Singapore are in higher positions.
Monthly Evolution of Rewarded Video eCPMs in Mature & Emerging Countries:
Global Map of Rewarded Video eCPMs for Q3’2020:
Full-Screen Ads in Mobile Apps & Games
Key Insights of Full-Screen Ads:
- During this 2020 summer, the eCPMs of full-screen ads, such as static and video interstitials, have grown a lot in mature markets.
- USA, UK & Australia eCPMs on Full-Screen Ads have grown almost 25% from June to September on Android.
- On iOS, the Full-Screen eCPM’s haven’t grown that much for mature countries, except for Australia & UK. From June to September, they both grew almost 30% and 25%, respectively.
- From August to September, most emerging markets have grown between 20-30% on both iOS and Android. ECPMs of mature markets on Android have followed the same trend too.
Monthly Evolution of Full-Screen eCPMs in Mature & Emerging Countries:
Global Map of Full-Screen eCPMs for Q3’2020:
Banner Ads in Mobile Apps & Games
Key Insights of Banner Ads:
- From June to September, USA & UK eCPMs on banners have grown almost 23% on iOS & 18% on Android, being the mature market with significant growth above all.
- Brazil eCPMs also experienced a significant increase during July & August on iOS, but in September, they fell up to 5% compared to June.
- The eCPMs on iOS vary a lot between different markets, and we can find unique trends for each country. The Android eCPMs on the emerging markets have not fluctuated that much though.
- On the global maps, we can see eCPM increases in the south of Africa and South America. These trends may indicate new opportunities for developers and publishers willing to expand to new markets.